Thought our drive around the world of extreme paintball fields was over? Not even close! We just had to gas up the G.I. Mobile Command Center (our clown car), grab some junk food and hit the road; traveling west to our next stop: Fort Knox Paintball in Winamac, Indiana.
Located only 1.5 hours south east of Chicago and 2 hours north of Indianapolis, Fort Knox Paintball touts itself as a “paintball theme park that is striving to be one of the top attractions in the nation” and to back that statement up, Fort Knox has heavily invested in their playing areas which are some of the most insane, realistic and creative playing areas in the world! Here’s a quick list:
• Bridge on the RIVER KWAI (yes, this is a real wooden bridge over real, liquid, cold water).
• P.O.W. Camp, complete with a Camp HQ, 24 Jail Cell huts, and 2 perimeter walls
• Town of Deadwood, where you can rain terror from the roof of the Inn, chase bandits out of the saloon and even catch a worship service as the town church!
• Area 51 sits on 3 acres of the aged ruins of an abandoned Military investigation site.
• Bermuda Triangle is the perfect place to get your “ARRRRGGG” on as it features an 18×86 foot pirate ship that extends into the lake!
• Named after the last “working” castle in England, Warwick castle consists of three levels, plenty of windows, and a large open main floor for close quarters combat.
• Fort Knox transports players back to the frontier days where players are asked to defend five, three-level towers from enemy attack!
• The Bone Yard offers a very unique experience and features tons of blown out vehicles for players to work around
• Be careful as you cross the bridge that leads to the dark woods of Powhatan Indian Territory. The Powhatans developed there village with many tall standing teepees.
• The Pit – a classic mounds field!
• Tire Field – another classic!
• The Woods – can we say more??
What’s the best part about Fort Knox Paintball? You won’t break the bank attending! Fort Knox offers impressively competitive pricing for groups that start at $40 a player and include a marker and mask, all day air, 500 paintballs, your field fee and a pavilion with picnic tables! Of course, they also offer G.I. Paintballs and other rentals (such as chest protectors and a pod pack for extra paintballs).
Want to walk on to this insane paintball park? No worries, the deal is just as good, starting at $25 for your field fee and all day air and $10 for all the rental gear you need to get playing!
For more information on Fort Knox Paintball, visit their website at www.fortknoxpaintball.com, and “Like” their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/fortknoxpaintball?fref=ts